Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Watermelons and Chocolate


I haven't felt like making much art lately. I'm not sure why not, but I'm trying to just accept it for what it is. A minor bump. I have, however, felt like cooking. Today, I actually did both.

My latest piece is "The Boy Who Swallowed a Watermelon Seed". His name is Jean-Luc and I love him.

I also took this....

...and made some pretty darn good fudge, and I don't even like fudge. It's very easy to make and very, very creamy.

2 cups Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 bar (2 oz) Ghriardelli 100% Cacao Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar, chopped
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)


Line an 8" square pan with waxed paper. Place all chocolate and condensed milk in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water. Stir the mixture occasionally until the chocolate is melted. Stir in the vanilla extract and nuts. Spread fudge evenly in prepared baking pan. refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm. Store, uncovered, at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment